Principal Engineer- Video Streaming
We are looking for a talented technical architect with experience in HTTP adaptive streaming technologies, such as HLS, DASH, Smooth Streaming.
The role involves a combination of product development, design and architecture of MediaMelon's products as well as participating in solution design to deploy the technology in various customer situations.
- Strong video streaming experience - especially with HTTP Adaptive streaming / ABR, and with various streaming formats such as HLS, MPEG-DASH, MSS, RTMP
- Solid understanding of encoding, packaging and player technologies and workflows
- Video perceptual quality (MOS score) computations and use in streaming improvements
- Experience in measuring audience QOE for vide streaming and use of technologies such as Kafka, Spark, Streaming + Yarn, Cassandra, Redis, Play Framework, D3.js, Docker, Ansible would be preferred
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills using network analysis tools
- Ability to guide and participate in development
- Ability to lead technical sales discussions
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org