Business-focused streaming video quality and cost optimization
OTT Quality of Experience Enhancement
MediaMelon’s SmartPlay solution uses perceptual video quality information generated by our QBR® Technology to enhance the playback performance of all types of Adaptive Bitrate (ABR) streaming. The solution results in better playback, reduced buffering and lower streaming costs. It works with existing streaming workflows without the need to modify the encoder, CDN or player ecosystems.
The short video below provides an end-to-end demonstration of SmartPlay:
Enhancing ABR Performance
SmartPlay uses advanced streaming technology to enhance the QoE performance of all types of ABR delivery. It does not require OTT operators to change the way they encode their content, or to re-encode the assets that are already in their library. Instead we provide ABR players with information about the perceptual video quality of the assets and streams that have been encoded, information that does not exist in standard ABR implementations. MediaMelon-enabled players use that information to greatly improve the Quality of Experience delivered for each and every user session.
Reduces Rebuffering Incidents
by better accommodating variations in network bandwidth.
Enhances Video Quality
on complex scenes where users are most likely to notice the problems caused by bandwidth limitation.
Improves the Mean Opinion Score
of your streams to increase the overall experience for all users throughout each session.
Reduces Streaming Costs
by 35% while simultaneously delivering these Quality of Experience enhancements.
Tailors Delivery to Each User
allowing performance to be optimized based on device type, location, as well as network connectivity.
based on content, users and device types means SmartPlay can be targeted for improvement.
OTT Platform Compatibility
- API-Enabled microservice allows SmartPlay to be overlayed onto any existing OTT workflow
- Streaming Technology not encoding technology means there is no need to re-encode content
- Compatible with key MPEG compression schemes including H.264/AVC and H.265/HEVC
- Compatible with all HTTP streaming formats including MPEG-DASH; Apple HTTP Live Streaming (HLS); Adobe HTTP Dynamic Streaming (HDS) and Microsoft Smooth Streaming (MSS)
- Supports OnDemand and Live Services for use with VOD and linear platforms
- Post-encode Content Characterization via a Content Analyzer available as a docker instance or as a cloud based web-service
- Player Integration via SDK or API with support for all leading commercial and open-source media players
The short video below shows how operators can track QoE and bandwidth optimization metrics across devices, users and content using SmartPlay Analytics:
Learn how SmartPlay Streaming enhances the OTT user experience delivered, and at the same time reduces operational costs
Learn howTelecine, Brazil’s leading movie streaming operator, was able to achieve dramatic cost savings for its video streaming service
Want to discuss how SmartPlay Streaming can Enhance QoE for your OTT Service?